One of the most well-known yoga poses for core strength and reduce waist size is Boat pose. This is one of the most sought after yoga postures that will guarantee you a flatter belly with regular practice. While holding the posture for more than a minute helps in contracting the abdominal muscles, the posture, when done in a boat-like movement, helps in toning your abs.
Navasana deeply challenges the abdomen, spine, and building strength and steadiness at the body’s core. It stimulates the abdominal organs, including the kidneys and intestines, which improves digestion. Practicing Navasana regularly will increase your ability to stay focused, internally aware, and emotionally calm.
Do not practice Boat Pose if you are currently experiencing headaches, low blood pressure, or diarrhea. Women who are pregnant or menstruating should also not practice Boat Pose.
How To Do :
1) Lie down on the yoga mat in the supine position, legs stretched out, toes facing the ceiling, and palms resting on either side of your body facing the ground.
2) Inhale deeply. As you exhale, lift your body (the head, chest, and legs) from the ground.
3) Stretch out your arms so that they form a parallel line with your legs.
4) Your fingers should be in the same line as the toes. Gaze towards the toes.
5) As you hold the position, you should feel the abdominal muscles contracting.
6) Breathing normally, hold the posture for 30 to 60 seconds to start with.
7) Inhale, and then exhaling deeply, slowly relax and come back to the supine position.
8) Repeat this asana five times to begin with, working up to 30 times gradually. Relax for 15 seconds after each repetition.
About Yoga Tak :
Get your daily dose of Yoga postures which will not only make you healthy but also rejuvenate from within. Stay tuned to our channel for learning more about yoga to give yourself a mental, physical and spiritual peace.
Yoga Instructor: Garima Bhandari
Director: Austin Paul
Camera: Abhishek Tripathi
Editing: Piyush Choudhary
Producer: Akshay Kaushik
Creative Head: Tanisha Sangha
Copyrights: India Today Group Digital
DON’T MISS ANY VIDEO FROM YOGA TAK
Subscribe To Us on Youtube : https://www.youtube.com/yogatak
Like Us on Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/yogatakofficial/
Follow Us on Twitter : https://twitter.com/yogatak
Follow Us on Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/yogatakofficial/